Selling your home can be a difficult process. You need to find the right buyer, negotiate the price, and coordinate all of the details that go into closing on a sale. It is no surprise that many homeowners choose to hire an agent to help them through this process. Here are some reasons why you should get an agent!
1. You have someone on your side who is familiar with the process and will help you navigate any challenges.
2. An agent has access to real-time data that can be used in marketing a home, such as recent sales or price comparisons for similar homes near yours. Agents also know where buyers are looking online, which websites they visit most often, and how their preferences change by season. This provides them insider information about what might work best to sell your home quickly and at its full potential value!
3. A listing agreement signed between an agent and seller protects both parties from unforeseen circumstances that could arise during the sale including contingencies like flooding or failure of the septic system. Sellers get compensated should these scenarios happen while agents only get paid when they sell the home.
4. An agent has a buyer in mind for every potential listing! Agents have relationships with buyers and know how to market homes, so sellers can trust that their property will be seen by more people (and not just those who happen to come across it). Also, because an agent knows what price range or area attracts these buyers, he or she is able to work within that parameter and show only properties that are likely to fit those needs.
5. A real estate license assures credibility among agents as well as accountability from them if something goes wrong during the sale of your home. Plus, most states require agents to disclose all important facts about themselves including past crimes committed which may affect how you feel about hiring this individual’s services.
We hope this information was helpful! If you are looking for an agent that can help sell your home in the Oak Park and River Forest IL areas, please give us a call today! 312-815-1747